Adriarna commenced working as a barista in Arnie’s Café and Bar in November 2016. Her friendly, outgoing personality and exceptional barista skills make any visit to Arnie’s a memorable experience.
- How did you first get involved in the food and beverage industry?
A few of my friends were working at Zarraffa’s and got me a job at their store.
- What inspired you to apply to work at SCGCC?
My very first job when I was 14 was as a retail assistant at the Sanctuary Cove Newsagent in the Village. So, knowing the culture and community of Sanctuary Cove, it was an easy decision for me when the opportunity arose to be a barista at Arnie’s.
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I have a bachelor degree in neuropsychological science and I’m currently studying an honours degree in law.
- What do you do when you aren’t working at SCGCC?
When I’m not at work I’m generally at university or out with friends.
- What are your hobbies?
I like going on adventures, exploring waterfalls and rainforests.
- How do you have your coffee?
- What’s your favourite type of cuisine?
I love Mexican food, especially tacos.
- What’s the most exotic place you’ve traveled to?
I taught English in Cambodia for a while. The culture was like nothing I had seen before.
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Propaganda exhibited in the media outlets around the world.
- Do you play a musical instrument?
My brother and I used to play guitar together but I haven’t in a while
- What’s your passion?
I’m still trying to figure that out. Inevitably I just want to help people, so I’m hoping to obtain that capability as a career through my degrees.
- What’s one professional or personal skill you wish you had that you don’t (yet)?
I wish I was decisive. It takes me over an hour to decide what I want for a meal; my indecision is that bad.
- What is the one thing in this world you are most proud of?
It sounds corny, but my friends and family. They’re pretty amazing.
- If you could invite any three guests to a dinner party, who would they be?
Just two, I would take my brothers.
- If you were to start a company from scratch, what values would you build it on?
Enjoyment, integrity and flexibility