Brock started his employment as Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Club’s Assistant Golf Course Superintendent nearly three years ago. He is passionate about his work, takes pride in his role and feels privileged to be working at the premium facility that our Club is.
- What made you wish to follow a career in golf course maintenance?
I enjoyed playing golf and was offered an apprenticeship.
- What inspired you to apply to work at SCGCC?
A management position at an “A” class facility
- Who has been the most influential person you’ve met in the industry?
Tim McAllister; he taught me that the 5% jobs count.
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I’m an avid home brewer.
- How would someone describe you in three words?
Passionate, cranky and love a joke
- What do you do when you aren’t working at SCGCC?
Fishing, surfing and going to the beach with my family
- What are your hobbies?
Fishing, surfing and golf
- What’s your number one gardening tip?
Don’t plant palms near pools.
- What’s the most stunning golf course you’ve visited?
The K Club, Ireland
- Which sports team do you follow?
South Sydney Rabbitohs and Sydney Swans
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What’s the strangest talent you have?
Well, I think I can sing.
- What’s your passion?
- What’s one professional or personal skill you wish you had that you don’t (yet)?
Top end management
- What is the one thing in this world you are most proud of?
- What do you wish other people knew about SCGCC?
How much work goes into these golf courses each day
- If you could invite any three guests to a dinner party, who would they be?
Kelly Slater, Casey Stoner and Paul Kelly
- If you were to start a company from scratch, what values would you build it on?
Work hard, do the small things right and pay your staff on time.