Darren Dickson has been employed at Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Club since December 2009 in the role of Food and Beverage Supervisor. Darren was inspired to work at Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Club as he believes that it is one of the best golf courses on the Gold Coast. Darren is passionate about food and beverage works between Functions, Lakeview Bar and The Jabiru Restaurant.
- How did you first get involved in the food and beverage industry?
- What inspired you to apply to work at SCGCC?
It is one of the best courses on the Gold Coast
- What do you wish other people knew about SCGCC?
That we have great staff, great food and two of the best courses in Australia
- Who has been the most influential person you’ve met in the industry?
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I am a grandfather to a baby boy
- How would someone describe you in three words?
Easy going, loyal and honest
- What do you do when you aren’t working at SCGCC?
Whatever my wife tells me to do
- What are your hobbies?
- What’s your favourite type of cuisine?
- If you enjoy wine, what’s your favourite region?
Barossa Valley, Heathcote and Marlborough
- What’s your signature cocktail?
- What’s the most exotic place you’ve travelled to?
- Which sports team do you follow?
Richmond Tigers AFL
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When I am lied too
- Do you play a musical instrument?
- What’s the strangest talent you have?
I can make a great coffee
- What’s your passion?
- What’s one professional or personal skill you wish you had that you don’t (yet)?
- What is the one thing in this world you are most proud of?
- If you could invite any three guests to a dinner party, who would they be?
Curtis Stone, Mick Jager and Clint Eastwood