Dean has been working at Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Club for almost twenty years starting in 1989. Dean is a qualified greenkeeper and works on all surfaces across both The Pines and The Palms golf courses.
1. What made you wish to follow a career in golf course maintenance?
Love of the outdoors
2. What inspired you to apply to work at SCGCC?
When I started in 1989 it was one of a kind.
3. Who has been the most influential person you’ve met in the industry?
4. What might someone be surprised to know about you?
Raced Moto X.
5. How would someone describe you in three words?
Down to earth
6. What do you do when you aren’t working at SCGCC?
Play golf and walk the dog on the beach
7. What are your hobbies?
8. What’s your number one gardening tip?
Employ a gardener
9. What’s the most stunning golf course you’ve visited?
“The Pines” at sunrise
10. Which sports team do you follow?
Broncos and Port Adelaide
11. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Tail gating drivers
12. Do you play a musical instrument?
13. What’s the strangest talent you have?
Still looking for it
14. What’s your passion?
Motor bikes and utes
15. What’s one professional or personal skill you wish you had that you don’t (yet)?
Being able to chip a golf ball
16. What is the one thing in this world you are most proud of?
My kids and grandkids
17. What do you wish other people knew about SCGCC?
What great value the membership is
18. If you could invite any three guests to a dinner party, who would they be?
Barry Sheene, Leonard Cohen and Captain Cook
19. If you were to start a company from scratch, what values would you build it on?
Profit sharing and Integrity