Julia Taylor is a familiar face in Lakeview Bar and has been at the Club since 2007. Julia first started working in food and beverage in England straight after leaving school.
1. How did you first get involved in the food and beverage industry?
I lived near Heathrow Airport- so lots of Hotels. I went straight from school into the industry.
2. What inspired you to apply to work at SCGCC?
It was one of the first jobs I had on the Gold Coast- when it first opened. Then I had a family and decided I’d like to come back.
3. What do you wish other people knew about SCGCC?
Great facilities- The Jabiru Restaurant
4. Who has been the most influential person you’ve met in the industry?
My first manager at Post House hotel Heathrow
5. What might someone be surprised to know about you?
6. How would someone describe you in three words?
Motherly (so I’ve been told), caring and hardworking
7. What do you do when you aren’t working at SCGCC?
House work, lunching, shopping and movies
8. What are your hobbies?
Reading and gardening
9. What’s your favourite type of cuisine?
Simple / Seafood
10. If you enjoy wine, what’s your favourite region?
No preference- will drink most
11. What’s your signature cocktail?
12. What’s the most exotic place you’ve travelled to?
13. Which sports team do you follow?
14. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Packaging and impatience
15. Do you play a musical instrument?
16. What’s the strangest talent you have?
I don’t think I have one
17. What’s your passion?
18. What’s one professional or personal skill you wish you had that you don’t (yet)?
19. What is the one thing in this world you are most proud of?
Two things. My children, I’m proud of them both.
20. If you could invite any three guests to a dinner party, who would they be?
My Gran, Graham Norton and David Attenborough
21. If you were to start a company from scratch, what values would you build it on?
Honesty, focus, adaptability and ambition