Margaret has seen Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Club evolve first-hand for the past nine years. Working as a Food & Beverage Supervisor in Lakeview Bar and The Jabiru Restaurant, she has a great rapport with Members and enjoys the versatility of clientele the Club’s unique membership base offers.
- How did you first get involved in the food and beverage industry?
My dad was a manager at a Community Club
- What inspired you to apply to work at SCGCC?
I had just moved here from South Australia and applied for the position
- What do you wish other people knew about SCGCC?
How great the courses and staff are
- Who has been the most influential person you’ve met in the industry?
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I was born in Scotland
- How would someone describe you in three words?
Helpful, organised, dependable
- What do you do when you aren’t working at SCGCC?
Go out to lunch, house work
- What are your hobbies?
- What’s your favourite type of cuisine?
Indian and Japanese
- If you enjoy wine, what’s your favourite region?
McLaren Vale or Barossa, South Australia
- What’s your signature cocktail?
Sea Breeze or Pimm’s
- What’s the most exotic place you’ve traveled to?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People who don’t tidy up after themselves.
- What’s your passion?
To provide good service
- What’s one professional or personal skill you wish you had that you don’t (yet)?
- What is the one thing in this world you are most proud of?
Having my two children and two grandchildren.
- If you could invite any three guests to a dinner party, who would they be?
Three of my grandparents because I never met them.
- If you were to start a company from scratch, what values would you build it on?
Honesty, commitment and forward thinking