Steve Jones has been working at Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Club for twelve months now and is currently completing his PGA Bridging Course after playing on the Australasian PGA Tour and One Asia Tour for the past eleven years.
- How did you first get involved in golf?
Through some friends at school
- What’s your first memory of playing golf?
Learning to brush the grass with a club
- What inspired you to apply to work at SCGCC?
To be a part of the best golf facility in Queensland
- What do you wish other people knew about SCGCC?
The quality of the coffee, yes I am a coffee critic
- Who is the most influential person you have met in the industry?
Nigel Culson, my first boss at Sandhurst golf club
- What might someone be surprised to know about you?
How much I like listening to hip hop music
- How would someone describe you in three words?
Friendly, helpful, athletic
- What do you do when you aren’t working at SCGCC?
Golfing, studying or spending time with the family
- What are your hobbies other than golf?
Playing basketball, watching AFL and enjoying a cold beer
- What’s your number one golf tip?
The way you think is more important than the way you swing
- What is your favourite international course?
St Andrews, Old Course
- What’s the most exotic place you have travelled to?
Tahiti, such a beautiful place
- Which sports teams do you follow?
Essendon Bombers, LA Lakers and the Canberra Raiders
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Self-indulgent social media posts
- Do you play a musical instrument?
My 3 year olds xylophone
- What’s the strangest talent you have?
Being a wordsmith with a pen
- What’s your passion?
Learning and development
- What’s one professional or personal skill you wish you had that you don’t (yet)?
A photographic memory or even a memory like Ryan Gailey
- What is the one thing in this world you are most proud of?
- If you could invite any three guests to a dinner party, who would they be?
Gordon Ramsay for the food, Batman for my son and Tiger Woods
- If you were to start a company from scratch, what values would you build it on?
Compassion, mindset of constant growth, integrity and trust